We are born and bred in the Lozère,
and you can benefit from our experience and our favourite spots !
We can book your leisure activities. You’re on holiday !
The residence welcomes you to the village of Massegros
The name Massegros comes from the Occitan ‘mas a gros’, meaning grain farm, and it is a market village full of charm, thanks to its local stone slate roofs and surrounding wheat fields.
The houses of the Causses, built in limestone, combine harmoniously with the modern buildings of today. The 380 inhabitants of Massegros meet around the village oven each year in mid-July for the Bread Festival.
Le Massegros has a range of services and shops
- The tourist office with its excellent guide maps for hiking and mountain biking
- The ATM and post office
- 24/24 petrol station
- Garage, taxis & ambulances
- Bakery and cake shop and minimarket
- Bar-restaurant, local produce shop and tobacconist and newspaper seller
- Cheese is sold at the farm
- Tennis courts, mini golf, sports centre (free entry)
- Natural health path, bowling ground, children’s playground
- Weekly market : every Thursday morning at Sévérac-le-Château 10km away